Spreadsheets are an amazing tool. Whether you cut your teeth on Lotus 1-2-3, grew up with Excel, or hopped straight into the Google Docs universe, spreadsheets have been a key tool for everything from planning your personal finances to mulling over your KPIs.
But, have you ever used a spreadsheet to extract sentiment from your users' tweets? To perform advanced outlier detection after detrending your sales numbers? Probably not, because most spreadsheet tools didn't have the power of machine learning baked right in. Until now...
Thanks to some great integration work by Ken Burcham, this power is now at your fingertips! By simply cutting-and-pasting a few bits of code from his repo, you can fire off Algorithmia microservices from directly within your Google Sheets. Now you have the freedom to, right within your spreadsheet, utilize our cloud-scaled machine learning and utility algorithms, such as:
- Socrata Open Data Query – pull data directly from Socrata
- Linear Detrend – removes increasing or decreasing trends in time series
- Autocorrelate – used to analyze the seasonality of a time series
- Outlier Detection – flags unusual data points
- Forecast – predict a given time series into the future
- Summarizer – creates a text summary by extracting key topic sentences
- Social Sentiment Analysis - assigns sentiment ratings of "positive", "negative" and "neutral"
- Count Social Shares - returns the number of times that URL has been shared on various social media sites